Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Court Reporting at Home (CRAH) -- Lesson 2

Well, it took me a little less than a week to complete CRAH Lesson #2.  I have to admit that I'm only practicing about 1/2 to 1 hour per day, but this seems all that I have time for right now.  I had an easy time with the new letters and brief forms.  Here is a basic summary of Lesson #2

Lesson #2:
Initial Side Letters: P  L  N
Final Side Letters:  P  L  N
Vowels: long A
Punctuation: "?"
Brief Forms: are, he, I, is, it, the, you

(For Steno Machine Basics, click here)

What took me so long too complete the lesson were the practice words (about 45) and the practice sentences (about 16).  I could do them slowly, but I could not keep up with the dictation CD.  The Lesson Manual said to practice the words and sentences 5 time each.  I recommend at least 10 times each, and it probably took me about 20 times each before I was able to follow along with the dictation CD.

No comments:

Post a Comment