Saturday, May 28, 2011

Court Reporting at Home (CRAH) -- Lesson 1

I started the Court Reporting at Home (CRAH) program on about May 7, 2011.

I watch the DVD lesson and read through Lesson 1 in the manual.  The lesson basically covers some initial and final letter and the short vowels.  Here is an outline of Lesson #1:

Lesson #1
Initial Side Letter: S  T  R 
Final Side Letters:  S  T  R
Vowels Sounds: short A, short O, short E, short U, short I (press E & U)
Punctuation: "."
Brief Forms: None

Because I had already completed several lessons in the Phoenix Theory manual, I was able to complete the Lesson within an hour or two.


A Note on Vowel sounds:
Vowels sounds are either long or short.  All long vowels sound like the letter.   Short vowel sounds do NOT sound like the letter and the pronunciation sound is like adding an "h" to the letter.  Examples:

kit = short I (sounds like "ih")
kite = long I (sounds like the letter "I")
back = short A (sounds like "ah")
bake = long A (sounds like "A")
net = short E (sounds like "eh")
neat = long E (sounds like "E")
not = short O (sounds like "oh")
note = long O (sounds like "O")
nut = short U (sounds like "uh")
cute = long U (sounds like "U")


No comments:

Post a Comment